About the Client
BDO is a professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory, and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. They offer a sophisticated array of services and the global capabilities of the world’s fifth largest accounting and consulting network, combined with the personal attention of experienced professionals. Founded in 1910, BDO serves its clients through 60+ offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide..
BDO USA wanted to implement a successful Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Solution for their U.S. offices that will meet the following objectives:
- Single source of record
- Provide prospective, current, and past client information
- Track referral source information
- Align marketing initiatives with business development activity of all BD personnel in 40 offices nationwide
- Sales management: pursuit planning and management, multiple pursuit types, reporting, and evaluation
- Marketing management: target contacts by leveraging organization-and-individual-level information, communication controls that will recognize and reinforce rules governing marketing and other types of communications
- Lead capture, reporting, and evaluation of marketing activities
- Determine networking effectiveness by tracking individual level participation (at the organization and at the event level) and will support evaluation of networking opportunities by identifying and associating sales leads and/or personal relationships gained
BDO selected the Templeton Solutions and Microsoft Dynamics® team over other major competitors in the CRM field because of their ability to provide on-the-go access to CRM as well as integration with back-office accounting programs. With CRM for Professionals™, BDO is addressing their needs leveraging CRM to enhance its nationwide marketing and business development activities. They first rolled out the program to a handful of carefully selected “pilot” offices as an initial launch, and followed it with a national CRM roll-out.