Your clients, prospects and competitors likely already use social media, and social media use for professional services firms continues to grow and mature. There are over 1 billion active users on Facebook, 300 million on Twitter, and 350 million members on LinkedIn. From a marketing and communication perspective, these are compelling numbers. But a social media presence, without activity, is just the starting point for your organization, just as websites were once just considered to be electronic billboards.
Social media is powerful in that it provides your organization with an outbound communication channel directly into the desktop or mobile device of your target audience. There are few barriers to access as compared to websites. But it also provides your employees the same level of access to this channel, which can present some unique challenges for professional services firms.
Where does a professional services firm start?
- Begin by promoting your social media presence on your website and on the profiles of your key personnel by including links directly to your social media pages.
- Establish guidelines regarding employee usage of references and tags associated with your brand.
- Distribute publically available information and content via each of your social media channels.
- Encourage your employees to pass along firm social posts to their followers.
- Consider engaging your followers by soliciting participation or comment on content.
- Post regularly to maintain your visibility in your subscribers’ feed. They may not read everything you post, but your absence from their feed does not benefit your firm.
Boost Referrals and Sales with CRM for Professionals™
Social media isn’t just an easy way to build your referral network, it can organically boost sales, too. As noted in our infographic, 7 Strategic Advantages Service Organizations Realize with CRM for Professionals™, built on Microsoft Dynamics, 73% of sales people using social media to sell outperform those who don’t. That is a huge advantage by any measure.
CRM for Professionals™ by Templeton Solutions integrates social profiles from LinkedIn and Firm Connections™, so you don’t have to leave the system to research and prospect. Opportunities are everywhere online and social media can be your ticket to expanding your client-base and increasing your revenue.
Contact us at Templeton Solutions at 561-847-7717 to learn more about CRM for Professionals™ with Firm Connections tailored for professional services.
By Templeton Solutions, Microsoft Dynamics CRM ISV for Professional Service Organizations